Session Date and Time: Friday, September 13, 2013
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Do you sometimes feel like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde when you enter your soap lab? Well it is time to unleash your inner soap chemist and embrace mastering your own soap formulations and harness your creativity.
You have made several batches of tried and true soap recipes and now it is your turn to master the art, beauty and chemistry of soapmaking.
During this hands on full day session we will explore:
- The five components to consider with trace. It is more than just getting it to a thick emulsion.
- The fatty acid makeup of soapmaking oils and what outcome they will have on the final soap
- How to uses the chemical makeup to your benefit when formulating
- Whether to discount lye or super-fat
- Formulating a balanced recipe and craft your own superior luxurious soap in class
- Why less is more when it comes to soap formulations
- and much, much more
No longer feel out of place as you will be in a safe place to unleash the soapmaking beast that resides within as you. Plus you will be able to create and take a soap masterpiece with you!